- Local News
Hung jury ends murder trial of Lewis man in traffic deaths
A Rowan Circuit Court jury deliberated six hours here Tuesday before reporting it was hopelessly deadlocked in the case of Dallas Carpenter, 60, of Emerson in Lewis County, who was on trial for murder in the May 2010 traffic deaths of a Clearfield couple.
- Rowan hosts fire training school
- MPD probing theft of money bags
- Hung jury ends murder trial of Lewis man in traffic deaths
- Rowan County Sports
VIDEO: Tornado survivor's missing dog found during TV interview
Barbara Garcia was being interviewed by CBS News about how she survived the destruction of her home to Monday's massive tornado in Moore, when the dog she feared dead was suddenly discovered alive in the rubble of her home.
- Photos: Aftermath of massive tornado in Moore
- VIDEO: Tornado survivor's missing dog found during TV interview
- Friday's Post
Vain as a peacock, cool as a cucumber
He was a bright, witty and dapper man who did his best to look as young as he could for as long as he could. His sense of humor and competitive spirit left indelible impressions on me. I know that he crammed all of the living he could into 76 years.
- Flashbacks revive memories of a tragedy
- Vain as a peacock, cool as a cucumber
- Morehead State University News
KFAC to host Lucas exhibition
Morehead State University’s Kentucky Folk Art Center will open a major exhibition of works by Letcher County painter David Lucas.
- French wins Appalachian Leaders in Education Award
- KFAC to host Lucas exhibition